February 27, 2019
HIRING: Marketing Coordinator (Contract Position)
POSITION: Marketing Coordinator (Contract Position)
The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to support the Head of Marketing + Content with all marketing, digital and communications initiatives associated with Country Music Week 2019, the 2019 CCMA Awards and other CCMA programs. The ideal candidate has exceptional communications skills, digital marketing experience and is a dependable self-starter. This position will assist with the development and implementation of marketing and communications tactical plans and best suits an individual with an upbeat and flexible attitude with a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit environment that demands a team player approach.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to Calgary, Alberta for Country Music Week 2019 from September 1 through September 9, 2019. The term of this contracted position is to commence May 6, 2019 and end September 9, 2019, and is located in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
The position’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies and tactical plans
- Support the planning and execution of social media content calendars on various platforms
- Maintain current database of industry partners and stakeholders
- Be point-of-contact for Radio Row event as part of Country Music Week
- Oversee paid distribution service for the CCMA Awards Program
- Manage contest fulfillment packages and promotional ticketing for Country Music Week events
- Respond to and track requests for donations
- Track social media exposure, growth and engagement, and compile website analytics
- Respond to general inquiries about the CCMA, CCMA Awards and Country Music Week
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of media releases and CCMA member announcements and other communications deliverables
- Research, fact check and gather communications materials as needed
- Assist with media relations and communications at events prior to and during Country Music Week
- Professionally and effectively interface with members, media, key stakeholders and the public
- Other administration and general office tasks as required
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Presently working towards a diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, music management, or other applicable fields (preferred but not required)
- Proficient with all social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube)
- Professional written and verbal communications skills; ability to produce a variety of written materials
- Demonstrable editing and proofreading skills
- Experience in digital marketing is an asset
- Working knowledge of Canadian media landscape
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and effectively manage duties as assigned
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work with confidential information
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable learning new technical applications
- Passion for country music
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrateCanadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and the Canadian Country Music Association Awards.
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
Posting closes Friday, March 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET.