This award is presented to Canadian country music radio stations, who exemplify the development of Canadian country talent through a presentation of the music on their station, within the current eligibility period. Eligible terrestrial country radio stations must be licensed by the CRTC. Jury members should give consideration to all aspects, including but not limited to community involvement, promotions, leadership and recognition.
- The current eligibility period for the Radio Station of the Year (Medium or Small Market) Award is March 1, 2016 through to April 30, 2017;
- Any Canadian terrestrial country radio station (as defined by the CRTC) is entitled to submit for consideration;
- A minimum of one (1) person from the submitted radio station must be a member of the CCMA in good standing upon the submissions opening.
The Radio Station of the Year (Medium or Small Market) Award follows a two (2) step selection process:
- STEP ONE – Radio stations are invited to submit a package, demonstrating the station’s on-air presentation, along with description of the station’s best attributes, including market share/ratings information, community service, industry involvement, charitable contributions, etc.;
- If there are less than three (3) submissions, the award will not be given out in the current year;
- STEP TWO – A professional panel of industry jurors, whose members are approved by the CCMA, will independently judge each submission, giving consideration to ratings, community service, industry involvement, entertainment and professionalism of the demo;
- The tallied results of the jury will declare the winner;
- There are no nominees in this category;
- There is no voting in this category.
- The Radio Station of the Year (Medium or Small Market) Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
One (1) award is presented to the radio station in each market, courtesy of the CCMA.