This award recognize the Canadian country radio stations that exemplify the development of Canadian country talent through presentation of the music on their station through (but not limited to) community involvement, promotions, leadership and recognition. A jury of industry professionals will independently judge each submission. The tallied results of the jury will declare the winner. There is no voting in this category.
- The current eligibility period for both of the above mentioned awards is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- Any Canadian radio station is entitled to submit for consideration;
- A minimum of one (1) person from each of the submitted stations must be a member of the CCMA (industry or corporate level) in good standing.
The Radio Station of the Year Awards follow a two (2) step selection process:
- STEP ONE – Radio stations are invited to submit a package detailing their overall presentation and caliber of talent. Click here for further details on the submission process;
- STEP TWO – A jury of industry professionals will independently judge each submission:
- The tallied results of the jury will declare the winner;
- There is no voting in this category.
- The Radio Station of the year (Large Market) Award, and the Radio Station of the Year (Medium or Small Market) Award are presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the radio station in each market, courtesy of the CCMA.