This award recognize the individuals who exemplify the development of Canadian country talent through his/her presentation on-air for a Canadian radio station, including but not limited to strong entertainment value, sense of community, knowledge of country music, and ability to communicate.
- The current eligibility period for both of the above mentioned awards is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- Any Canadian radio station is entitled to submit for consideration;
- A minimum of one (1) person from the submitted radio station must be a member of the CCMA (industry or corporate level) in good standing.
The On-Air Personality(ies) of the Year awards follow a two (2) step selection process:
- STEP ONE – Radio stations are invited to submit a package detailing their overall presentation and caliber of talent. Click here for further details on the submission process;
- STEP TWO – A jury of music industry professionals will independently judge each submission:
- The tallied results of the jury will declare the winner;
- There is no voting in this category.
- The On-Air Personality of the Year (Large Market) Award, and the On-Air Personality of the Year (Medium or Small Market) Award are presented at the annual CCMA Industry Lunch & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award will be presented to each core member of the winning on-air team, courtesy of the CCMA.