This award recognize the individuals who exemplify the development and airplay of Canadian country talent through his/her radio station.
- The current eligibility period for both of the above mentioned awards is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- The recipients must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
- All final nominees are required to be members of the CCMA (industry or corporate level) in good standing;
- The individuals must hold the title of either Music Director or Program/Music Director for a Canadian radio station.
The Music Director of the Year awards follow a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (first ballot) – Each eligible CCMA member may propose ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most mentions in each category will appear on the second ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee;
- STEP TWO (second ballot) – From the list of contenders supplied, each eligible CCMA member may select ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes in each category will appear on the third ballot as nominees;
- STEP THREE (third ballot) - From the list of nominees supplied, each eligible CCMA member may vote for ONE, AND ONLY ONE nominee in each category. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner.
- The Music Director of the Year (Large Market) Award, and the Music Director of the Year (Medium or Small Market) Award are presented at the annual CCMA Industry Lunch & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the Music Director in each market, courtesy of the CCMA.