October 10, 2014
Now Hiring: Sponsorship and Strategic Partnerships Lead
The CCMA is Hiring!
POSITION: Sponsorship and Strategic Partnerships Lead
The successful candidate will be responsible for all sponsorship, government and philanthropic funding matters in relation to Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) programs and projects. This key member of the CCMA team will also be prime for developing and optimizing relationships with regional, national and international key partners.
This position will be the sole CCMA point of contact with current and potential revenue partners. In addition to taking the lead on strategy and planning related to the CCMA’s sponsorship/grant programs, this role’s responsibilities will include identifying and cultivating leads and prospects, development and pitching of compelling CCMA opportunities, negotiating contracts and packages, closing deals and providing all required account management.
Creating and nurturing relationships and partnerships with other like-minded organizations is a key element to the success of the CCMA. Working closely with the President of the CCMA, the successful candidate will be a driver behind identifying, formulating and maintaining these partnerships.
This role is challenging tactically and strategically. It will require a candidate who has superb networking, teamwork, negotiation and interpersonal/diplomatic skills along with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders to achieve a common goal. This role best suits an upbeat and flexible attitude and a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit office environment that demands a team player approach.
This full time position, reporting directly to the President, pays an annual base salary of $45,000 to $50,000 (based on experience) plus benefits and is located in downtown Toronto.
This position’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Achieve set targets for sponsorship (cash and contra), government and philanthropic funding. Realistic targets will be set in consultation with the President
- Design, implement and manage plans to meet above targets that leverage CCMA programs and assets
- Work collaboratively with CCMA team members and other stakeholders (i.e. local Country Music Week sponsorship primes) to create customized content or presentations as sales collateral for use in sponsorship presentations, in accordance with the CCMA’s overall strategy and branding guidelines. Ensure all impacted stakeholders sign-off on respective deliverables
- Using a consultative selling approach, work with prospects to gain a clear understanding of their needs and develop customized packages to secure their business
- Provide timely responses to prospects and existing sponsor and partner requests; and work in a consultative manner with sponsors and partners to deepen the relationship and create annuity revenue and renewal opportunities for the CCMA
- Optimize existing funding relationships and seek additional potential areas of government and philanthropic funding. Prime for funding applications and lobbying for such proposals as required
- Ensure all respective closed deals are invoiced and paid in an appropriate and timely manner. Keep accurate inventory of all agreements and fulfillment
- Produce and deliver all post-event material to all partners
- Create and maintain strong relations on behalf of the CCMA with key partners, establishing and fulfilling formal agreements where required
The Sponsorship and Strategic Partnerships Lead should have the following qualifications:
- Ability to develop strategic proactive relationships
- Experience in dealing and negotiating with government representatives, sponsors and a variety of people including senior executives. An ability to meet the demands of such people professionally and thoroughly is demanded in this position
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a busy and distracting environment
- Ability to build trust internally and externally, and command a professional image
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Excellent communication and writing skills: ability to articulate the CCMA’s mandate, project objectives, exposure opportunities and/or resource needs persuasively to sponsors and corporate partners
- Three year college diploma or university degree in related field
- At least 3 years of experience in sponsorship marketing, in positions of progressive responsibility, preferably in a not-for-profit or association environment
- Above average professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Patience, energy and a sense of humour
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA):
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and its CCMA Awards program (ccma.org).
The office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.
To apply, please send resume to: email@example.com.
Note: only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please. Posting closes Monday, October 20.