Canadian Country Music Association
POSITION: Program Coordinator
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) team that plans, coordinates and delivers a number of programs and events that include the CCMA Discovery Program and the annual Country Music Week.
This role requires a candidate who has strong organizational, teamwork and diplomatic skills, along with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders to achieve a common goal. This role best suits an upbeat and flexible attitude and a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit office environment that demands a team player approach.
In addition to the program coordination and event planning this role is accountable for, it will also include administrative duties, as required.
This full time position, reporting directly to the Manager of Artist Programs and Events, pays an annual base salary of $32,000 plus benefits and is located in downtown Toronto.
This position’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of logistics for upcoming and future Country Music Week events
- Plan and coordinate the administrative and logistical requirements for various ongoing meetings, seminars, workshops and events
- Review key deliverables for events and assist the Manager of Artist Programs and Events in assessing the scope of each project
- Ensure that notices, invitations, follow-ups, and confirmations for participants of Country Music Week events are planned, organized and executed in a professional and proficient manner
- Participate in departmental planning meetings and help with other event-related activities/duties as required
- Assist other team members and/or perform other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in event management or a combination of education and experience that would be considered equivalent, preferably in a not-for-profit or association environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate a variety of event variables and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong strategic, analytical and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Strong knowledge and ability in using business support processes and tools; i.e. Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel), database entry systems
- Will be required to travel to event locations across in Canada
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a busy and distracting environment
- Patience, energy and a sense of humour
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA):
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and its CCMA Awards program (ccma.org).
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send resume to: email@example.com.
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.
Posting closes Friday, February 20, 2015.