October 21, 2016
Now Hiring: Coordinator – Programs, Awards and Administration for the CCMA
CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION
POSITION: Coordinator – Programs, Awards and Administration
A key member of the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) team, this successful candidate’s responsibilities will include planning, coordinating and delivering a number of programs that include the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame and Awards of Achievement, as well as a selected number of Country Music Week events. As a member of the events team, this role will also assist in CCMA events held throughout the year.
This role requires a candidate who has strong organizational and diplomatic skills, along with the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders to achieve a common goal. This role best suits an upbeat and flexible attitude and a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit office environment that demands a team player approach. Must be capable of working occasionally outside of the normal business hours.
In addition to the program coordination and event planning this role is accountable for a number of office administrative duties, as required.
This entry-level full-time position, reporting directly to the Manager of Artist Programs and Events, pays an annual base salary of $32,000 plus benefits and is located in downtown Toronto.
This position’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Prime for all Canadian Country Music Hall of Fall programs including the annual induction process and awards ceremony.
- Prime for the CCMA Awards of Achievement program.
- Prime for the planning, coordination and execution of key annual Country Music Week events as required.
- Assist Membership Manager with administrative duties.
- Assist other staff members and/or perform other administrative duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in event or music business management or a combination of education and experience that would be considered equivalent, preferably in a not-for-profit or association environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate a variety of event variables and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong strategic, analytical and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Strong knowledge and ability in using business support processes and tools; i.e. Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel) and database entry systems
- Will be required to travel to event locations across Canada
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a busy and distracting environment
- Patience, energy and a sense of humour
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA):
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and its CCMA Awards program (ccma.org).
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting closes Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 5:00 pm ET.
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.