March 16, 2018
Now Hiring: Administrative Assistant for the CCMA
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
A key member of the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) team, the successful candidate will ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of the CCMA Office.
This role requires a candidate who has strong organizational skills, exudes exceptional diplomacy, is detail-oriented and has the ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders to achieve a common goal. This role best suits an upbeat and flexible attitude and a desire to work in a small, fast-paced, not-for-profit office environment that demands a team player approach. Must be capable of working occasionally outside of the normal business hours.
This entry-level full-time position is located in downtown Toronto.
This position’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and organize the CCMA President’s schedule, including internal and external meetings
- Book travel and accommodations for CCMA staff and Board of Directors
- Manage the Country Music Week schedule and any updates as directed by CCMA staff
- Coordinate and oversee the CCMA staff hotel block at Country Music Week
- Manage phone lines, and handle general inquiries made in person or via phone, email or mail
- Oversee office supply orders, while simultaneously researching cost-effective suppliers
- Managing all incoming/outgoing mail and shipments
- Provide bookkeeping support to Head of Operation and Comptroller
- Assist CCMA staff and/or perform other administrative duties as required
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in event or music business management or a combination of education and experience that would be considered equivalent, preferably in a not-for-profit or association environment
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate a variety of event variables and to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and ability in using business support processes and tools; i.e. Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and database entry systems
- Will be required to travel to event locations across Canada
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a busy and distracting environment
- Patience, energy and a sense of humour
ABOUT THE CANADIAN COUNTRY MUSIC ASSOCIATION (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA is a membership-based, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion and recognition of Canadian country music. Built upon the foundation to educate, elevate and celebrate Canadian talent, the CCMA progressively heralds the spirit, community and creativity that country music fosters through year-round initiatives, culminating every fall with Country Music Week and its CCMA Awards program (ccma.org).
The CCMA office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting closes Friday, April 6, 2018 at 5:00 pm ET.
Please note that only those accepted for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or visits please.