May 29, 2017
A Message from the Chairman of the Board
Don Green has announced his resignation as President of the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) effective as of June 24, 2017.
On behalf of the CCMA Board of Directors (Board), and myself, we want to take this moment to thank Don for his truly unlimited devotion to our organization over the past seven years. It is with warmest personal regards that we wish Don great success as he pursues an exciting new business opportunity.
The CCMA continues to be a strong and well-established organization as a consequence of Don’s commitment and leadership, and we are poised for continued long-term growth. The Board is working closely with the CCMA staff to manage the transition, and a search for a new President is already underway.
In serving as the CCMA President, Don Green oversaw a significant transformation of our association, highlights of which include:
- Revamping processes and procedures across the organization to ensure relevant and transparent operations
- Transforming Country Music Week to a more public and sponsor-friendly national event
- Leading the remake of the annual CCMA Awards Show
- Revamping the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame program to ensure a continued spotlight in celebration of its’ inductees
- Spearheading the introduction and evolution of the CCMA Discovery Program
- Establishing the CCMA to be recognized amongst the top music organizations in Canada
Don’s devotion and determination has left our organization in a better place than where he found it. For that we will always be truly grateful.
Chairman of the Board