July 11, 2017
2017 CCMA Award Nominations Unveiled Tomorrow
Tomorrow, Wednesday, July 12, the final nominees of the 2017 CCMA Awards in 34 categories will be announced, and the Third (and final) Ballot will open. On July 12, we invite you all to be a part of #CCMAnomday.
For the last few years, #CCMAnomday has peaked as a top trending topic across Canada online.
Let’s continue to show the nation how strong our country music community and family is, and get the hashtag trending again this year.
Here is what the #CCMAnomday rollout will look like (in chronological order, according to Eastern Time):
6:00 a.m. ET – A listing of 28 award categories will be revealed to CCMA Members and the media. The 6:00 a.m. release time optimizes the opportunity for morning shows on Canadian country radio to talk about the nominations and celebrate the rollout with their listeners.
From here, follow us across the country…
- 7:20 a.m. ET/8:20 a.m. AT – JJ SHIPLETT announces the nominees for ALBUM OF THE YEAR on Global News Morning in HALIFAX
- 8:20 a.m. ET – The JAMES BARKER BAND announces the nominees for FEMALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR on The Morning Show in TORONTO
- 8:55 a.m. ET/6:55 a.m. CT – MEGHAN PATRICK announces the nominees for RISING STAR on Global News Morning in SASKATOON
- 9:10 a.m. ET/7:10 a.m. MT – JESS MOSKALUKE announces the nominees for MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR on Global News Morning in CALGARY
- 9:50 a.m. ET/7:50 a.m. MT – BRETT KISSEL announces the nominees for VIDEO OF THE YEAR on Global News Morning in CALGARY
- 11:20 a.m. ET/8:20 a.m. PT – AARON PRITCHETT announces the nominees for GROUP OR DUO OF THE YEAR on the Global News Morning in VANCOUVER
A special teaser:
Multi-CCMA Award winner DEAN BRODY will unveil the final five (5) nominees of the 2017 APPLE MUSIC FANS’ CHOICE AWARD on Entertainment Tonight Canada tonight, Tuesday, July 11, as part of the 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast, as we lead up to #CCMAnomday.
This is the fourth year of the #CCMAnomday concept that sees nomination announcements shared in major markets across the country. The strategy was developed to further expand awareness and profile of Canadian country music artists and the CCMA Awards, and to engage both new and established country music fans across the country, by optimizing media engagement from coast-to-coast.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Take to your social media accounts and let your fans/followers know to listen to their local country radio, as well as CBC and Global stations on the morning of July 12. Use the hashtag #CCMAnomday and tag the official CCMA accounts when you can: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
Let's get #CCMAnomday trending once again!
For questions or feedback, contact Sonya Koson: email@example.com or 416-947-1331 x210
We acknowledge the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada and of Canada’s private radio broadcasters.
Nous reconnaissons l’appui financier de FACTOR, du gouvernement du Canada, et des radio diffuseurs privés du Canada.
Produced with the participation of the Bell Fund.