April 6, 2016
MUSICIAN AWARDS (7 AWARDS) 2018
STEEL GUITAR PLAYER OF THE YEAR - AWARD #21
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018;
- Only eligible CCMA Members, listed as an artist or Musician, Artist, Producer or Songwriter as their primary membership category, are eligible to vote in this category;
- The musician must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- Second Ballot contenders are required to be members of the CCMA in good standing, prior to the end of the Second Ballot (June 27, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET);
- A musician is only eligible to win five (5) times, within the same Musician Award category, before being added to the CCMA Musician Hall of Honour making them no longer eligible in that category.
The Steel Guitar Player of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (First Ballot) – Each eligible CCMA Member may submit one (1) contender. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Second Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) contenders will appear on the Second Ballot;
- STEP TWO (Second Ballot) – From the list of ten (10) contenders provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) contender they deem most deserving. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot as nominees. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot;
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner during Country Music Week. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- The Steel Guitar Player of the Year Award is presented during the annual CCMA Industry Lunch & Awards or the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the musician in each of the seven (7) Musician Award categories, courtesy of the CCMA.