- The current eligibility period for all of the above mentioned awards is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- The instrumentalists for each of the above All Star Band Awards must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- All final nominees are required to be members of the CCMA (industry level) in good standing;
- If a person wins the same All Star Band Award more than five (5) times, he or she will be added to an honour roll for that category, making he or she no longer eligible to win in that category.
All All Star Band Awards follow a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (first ballot) – Each eligible CCMA member may propose ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most mentions in each category will appear on the second ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee;
- STEP TWO (second ballot) – From the list of contenders supplied, each eligible CCMA member may select ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes in each category will appear on the third ballot as nominees;
- STEP THREE (third ballot) - From the list of nominees supplied, each eligible CCMA member may vote for ONE, AND ONLY ONE nominee in each category. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner.
- Each of the All Star Band Awards are presented at the annual CCMA All Star Band Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented in each of the above categories, courtesy of the CCMA.