February 19, 2016
INDUSTRY AWARDS (14 AWARDS) 2018
INDUSTRY PERSON OF THE YEAR – AWARD #35
This award is presented to one individual displaying excellence in supporting, expanding and building the Canadian country music industry and genre during the current eligibility period. Potential contenders can work in the following categories (including but not limited to): artists and repertoire (A&R), artist management, marketing, media (radio, television, streaming), music associations, promotions, public relations, publishing, studios, touring and venues.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018;
- The recipient must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- Second Ballot contenders are required to be members of the CCMA, in good standing, by the end of the Second Ballot (June 27, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET) in order to move on to the Third (and final) Ballot.
- This award is presented to one (1) individual. Any votes containing more than one (1) name on the First Ballot will be considered INVALID;
- The individual must have been employed, and in the applicable position within the corresponding company for a minimum of 50% of the current eligibility period.
The Industry Person of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (First Ballot) – Each eligible CCMA Member may submit one (1) contender. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Second Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) contenders will appear on the Second Ballot;
- STEP TWO (Second Ballot) – From the list of ten (10) contenders provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) contender they deem most deserving. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot as nominees. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot.
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner during Country Music Week. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- The Industry Person of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the industry person, courtesy of the CCMA.