This award is presented to a music retailer; either a digital or a physical store, displaying outstanding support of Canadian country music within the current eligibility period. A music retailer is defined as a company which actively sells Canadian country music, either through a store location, online purchase of digital downloads, online purchase of a manufactured CD or subscription-based streaming services. Voters should give consideration to all aspects, including but not limited to the retailer’s sales service, promotions and support of Canadian country talent.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2016 through to April 30, 2017;
- A minimum of one (1) person from the retailer is required to be a member of the CCMA in good standing prior to the end of the Second Ballot (June 28, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. ET).
The Retailer of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (First Ballot) – Each eligible CCMA Member may submit one (1) contender. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Second Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA’s Award Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) contenders will appear on the Second Ballot;
- STEP TWO (Second Ballot) – From the list of ten (10) contenders provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) contender they deem most deserving. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot as Nominees. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot.
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner during Country Music Week. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- The Retailer of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Industry Lunch & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the retailer, courtesy of the CCMA.