This Award recognizes outstanding support of Canadian country music by a music retailer during the eligibility period. A music retailer is defined as a company which actively sells Canadian country music, either through store locations, online purchase of digital download and/or online purchase of a manufactured CD.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- A minimum of on (1) person from each of the nominated Retailers are required to be members of the CCMA (industry or corporate level) in good standing.
Retailer of the Year follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (first ballot) – Each eligible CCMA member may propose ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most mentions in each category will appear on the second ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee;
- STEP TWO (second ballot) – From the list of contenders supplied, each eligible CCMA member may select ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes in each category will appear on the third ballot as nominees;
- STEP THREE (third ballot) - From the list of nominees supplied, each eligible CCMA member may vote for ONE, AND ONLY ONE nominee in each category. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner.
- The Retailer of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Industry Lunch & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the retailer, courtesy of the CCMA.