This award recognizes an individual (an executive or any employee) of a record company, with offices located within Canada, which has released Canadian country product at retail level during the eligibility period.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- The recipient must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
- All final nominees are required to be members of the CCMA (industry or corporate level) in good standing.
Record Company Person of the Year follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (first ballot) – Each eligible CCMA member may propose ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most mentions in each category will appear on the second ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee;
- STEP TWO (second ballot) – From the list of contenders supplied, each eligible CCMA member may select ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes in each category will appear on the third ballot as nominees;
- STEP THREE (third ballot) - From the list of nominees supplied, each eligible CCMA member may vote for ONE, AND ONLY ONE nominee in each category. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner.
- The Record Company Person of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the record company person/promoter, courtesy of the CCMA.