This Award recognizes a Canadian festival, fair, or exhibition which utilizes Canadian country artists as a major element of the event and presents country music in a positive manner while attracting a large and diverse audience, and has displayed professional organization, management and production during the eligibility period.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2014 through to April 30, 2015;
- A minimum of on (1) person from the nominated country festival, fair, or exhibition is required to be a member of the CCMA (industry or corporate level) in good standing.
- The festival, fair or exhibition must have an operating event in Canada.
Country Festival, Fair or Exhibition of the Year follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (first ballot) – Each eligible CCMA member may propose ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most mentions in each category will appear on the second ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee;
- STEP TWO (second ballot) – From the list of contenders supplied, each eligible CCMA member may select ONE, AND ONLY ONE contender in each category. The five (5) contenders receiving the most votes in each category will appear on the third ballot as nominees;
- STEP THREE (third ballot) - From the list of nominees supplied, each eligible CCMA member may vote for ONE, AND ONLY ONE nominee in each category. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner.
- The Country Festival, Fair or Exhibition of the Year Award is presented at the annual, CCMA Industry Lunch & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the festival, fair or exhibition, courtesy of the CCMA.