This award is presented to the act (solo, duo or group) of a Canadian country music single, based upon sales in Canada, both digital and streamed, within the current eligibility period.
- For the purpose of the Top Selling Canadian Single of the Year, the current eligibility period, in which the product must have been released, is extended to January 1, 2016 through to April 30, 2017;
- This award is based on sales within the current eligibility period (March 1, 2016 through to April 30, 2017);
- The act must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. Within a group/duo, at least 50% of the members must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
- Eligibility for this award extends to all Canadian country recording artists;
- Eligibility for this award extends to non-CCMA Members.
- Individual track sales will be captured;
- Streamed track sales will be converted to digital track sales using the formula 150 streams = one (1) digital track sold. The results will be provided by Nielsen Entertainment;
- Sales figures supplied may be audited by the accounting firm of the CCMA;
- The single with the greatest unit sales will be declared the winner;
- There are no nominees in this category;
- There is no voting in this category.
- The Top Selling Canadian Single of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group/duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.