Back to Top
posted on February 19, 2016
This award is presented to one act (solo, duo or group) that participated in the current year’s CCMA Discovery Program.
- The act must have participated in the current year’s CCMA Discovery Program. Click here for more details on the CCMA Discovery Program;
- The act must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. Within a group/duo, at least 50% of the members must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
- All members of the act must be the age of majority, or older, in their province or territory of residence, as of the first day of Music Industry Discovery Week (May 7, 2017);
- All finalists are required to be members of the CCMA in good standing. Within a group/duo, 50% of the members must be members of the CCMA.
- The six (6) finalists will be judged on the following criteria:
- Written Assignment (10%);
- Panel Interview Session (20%);
- Country Music Week Discovery Showcase Performance (70%).
- The CCMA Discovery Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group/duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.