February 19, 2016
ARTIST AWARDS (14 AWARDS) 2018
VIDEO OF THE YEAR – AWARD #14
This award is presented to the act (solo, duo or group) for a Canadian country music video, released for broadcast within the current eligibility period. This award is for an original audiovisual program. Voters and jury members should give consideration to all aspects of the given video, including but not limited to creativity, production, visual appeal and impact on consumers and the Canadian country music industry.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018;
- A music video is considered released on the day it is serviced to YouTube;
- The act must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. Within a group/duo, at least 50% of the members must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
- Contenders in Step Two of the selection process are required to be members of the CCMA, in good standing, in order to move on as one of the final five (5) nominees on the Third (and final) Ballot; Within a group/duo, 50% of the contributing members must be members of the CCMA in order to move on to the Third (and final) Ballot;
- The award is for an original audiovisual program, not more than ten (10) minutes in length, featuring the performance of not more than one (1) song;
- Final nominees from the previous year are not eligible in the current year for the same product.
The Video of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE (First Ballot) – Each eligible CCMA Member may submit one (1) contender. The ten (10) contenders receiving the most votes will proceed to STEP TWO, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) contenders will proceed to STEP TWO;
- STEP TWO - A professional panel of industry jurors, whose members are approved by the CCMA, will judge the ten (10) contenders to determine the final five (5) nominees, which will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot;
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner during Country Music Week. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- The Video of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Awards Show during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group or duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.