February 19, 2016
ARTIST AWARDS (14 AWARDS) 2018
TOP SELLING ALBUM OF THE YEAR - AWARD #11
This award is presented to the act (solo, duo or group) of a country music album, based upon record sales in Canada, including physical, digital and streamed, within the current eligibility period. An album is defined as a collection of several pieces of music made available as a single item. The album can be a new recording of previously released material.
- For the purpose of the Top Selling Album of the Year, the current eligibility period, in which the product must have been released, is extended to January 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018;
- This award is based on sales within the current eligibility period (March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018);
- The album must contain no less than six (6) tracks;
- Eligibility for this award extends to all country recording artists (including non-Canadians);
- Eligibility for this award extends to non-CCMA Members;
- The album can be a new recording of previously released material;
- Greatest hits and compilation albums compiled of previously released recordings do not qualify.
- Individual digital track sales will be converted to album sales using the formula ten (10) digital tracks sold = one (1) album sold. Streamed track sales will be converted to album sales using the formula 1,500 streams = one (1) album sold. The results will be provided by Nielsen Entertainment;
- Sales figures supplied may be audited by the accounting firm of the CCMA;
- The album with the greatest unit sales will be declared the winner;
- There are no nominees in this category;
- There is no voting in this category.
- The Top Selling Album of the Year Award is announced at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group/duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.