February 19, 2016
ARTIST AWARDS (14 AWARDS) 2018
INTERACTIVE ARTIST OR GROUP OF THE YEAR - AWARD #5
This award is presented to an act (solo, duo or group) in the Canadian country music industry who participates in meaningful digital interaction with fans within the current eligibility period. Voters and jury members should give consideration to all aspects of an act’s interaction with fans – including, but not limited to, quantity and quality – via social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and website (content, graphic design, layout, etc.). Consideration will be given to campaigns/initiatives/focuses that showcase an act’s innovative, original and engaging thinking.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018;
- The act must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. In the case of a group/duo, at least 50% of the group/duo must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
- Only eligible CCMA Members are entitled to submit in this category;
- Contenders in the Step Two of the selection process are required to be members of the CCMA, in good standing, in order to move on as one of the final five (5) nominees in the Third (and final) Ballot. Within a group/duo, 50% of the contributing members must be members of the CCMA.
The Interactive Artist or Group of the Year Award follows a three (3) step selection process:
- STEP ONE – Acts are invited to submit a package, detailing number of social media followers, frequency of interaction and details of any social campaigns executed within the current eligibility period by the act;
- If there are less than three (3) submissions, the award will not be given out in the current year;
- STEP TWO – A professional panel of industry jurors, whose members are approved by the CCMA, will judge the submissions to determine the final five (5) nominees, which will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than five (5) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot;
- STEP THREE (Third Ballot) – From the list of five (5) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner during Country Music Week. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- The Interactive Artist or Group of the Year Award is presented at the annual CCMA Gala Dinner & Awards during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group/duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.