February 19, 2016
ARTIST AWARDS (14 AWARDS) 2018
FANS' CHOICE - AWARD #2
This award is presented to the act (solo, duo or group) displaying the greatest achievements, in all aspects of the entertainment field, within the current eligibility period. Voters should give consideration to all aspects, including but not limited to recorded performance, video(s), social media presence, staging, public acceptance, attitude, leadership and overall contributions to the Canadian country music industry.
- The current eligibility period is March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018;
- The act must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. Within a group/duo, at least 50% of the members must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants;
- All final nominees are required to be members of the CCMA, in good standing by June 27, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
The Fans’ Choice Award follows a two (2) step selection process:
- STEP ONE – The final ten (10) nominees for the Fans’ Choice Award will be determined by the following formula:
- Spins: 20% new content, released within the current eligibility period (March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018);
- Spins: 20% content, released prior to the current eligibility period (March 1, 2017);
- Sales: 40% new content, released within the current eligibility period (March 1, 2017 through to April 30, 2018);
- Sales: 20% content, released prior to the current eligibility period (March 1, 2017).
These results will be compiled by Nielsen Entertainment. The ten (10) nominees will appear on the Third (and final) Ballot, providing they meet the eligibility requirements, as determined by the CCMA Awards Verification Committee. In the case of a tie, more than ten (10) nominees will appear on the Third Ballot;
- STEP TWO (Third Ballot) – From the list of ten (10) nominees provided, each eligible CCMA Member may vote for the one (1) nominee they deem most deserving. The public will also have the opportunity to vote for their favourite nominee, through an online ballot coordinated with the CCMA Award Program’s Third (and final) Ballot. The public vote will be open from Tuesday July 10, 2018 until Sunday September 9, 2018. The public vote tally and membership vote tally will be combined, and the nominee receiving the most votes will be announced as the winner, during Country Music Week. In the case of a tie, more than one (1) winner will be announced.
- The Fans’ Choice Award is presented at the annual CCMA Awards Show during Country Music Week;
- One (1) award is presented to the act, courtesy of the CCMA. In the case of a group/duo, one (1) award will be presented to each core member of the group/duo.