POTASHCORP COUNTRY MUSIC WEEK RADIO OPPORTUNITIES
July 11, 2012
The Canadian Country Music Association® (CCMA®) wants to encourage our friends in Canadian radio to consider attending and participating in PotashCorp Country Music Week 2012 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan from September 6-9. To encourage your participation we have compiled a list of possible opportunities for you and your station to take part in while in Saskatoon:
1. Live remotes: Go live from various PotashCorp Country Music Week venues and events; including but not limited to:
- Host hotels
- TCU Place (Convention Centre)
- Western Development Museum (site of the Industry Opening Reception)
- Prairieland Park (site of CCMA FanFest)
- Credit Union Centre, home to the 2012 CCMA AwardsTM
2. Interview Opportunities: Your On-Air personalities can chat with Canada's best and brightest country stars throughout the weekend at select events including CCMA FanFest and at interviews set up throughout the weekend in liaison with the CCMA office.
3. Education: Attend a seminar and learn from some of the best in broadcasting about the perfect interview; what questions to ask, how to ask them and how to get the most out of your subjects. Tentatively confirmed for this 2012 panel are renowned US broadcasters Lon Helton and Blair Garner.
4. Access: Radio stations have intimate access to all of our incredible Canadian country talent onsite from interviews to liners to unique contesting opportunities.
5. Networking: Spend the weekend with like-minded individuals from across Canada and beyond getting a glimpse at what's to come in country music and brainstorming ideas and concepts for your station.
6. Discover new talent!: Perhaps one of the best parts of Country Music Week annually is the opportunity to discover new artists and great songs to play on your station.
7. Support: We recognize that radio is the life blood of the CCMA. Playing and promoting the artists along with the promotion of the CCMA Awards show is a vital component in the overall success of the organization and we hope to have your support in 2012 as an attendee of PotashCorp Country Music Week.
8. Savings: Don't forget as a radio member, if you attended CRS 2012, you are entitled to an additional $100 in savings. To access these savings contact Janelle Leduc at email@example.com or 416.947.1331 ext. 210.
9. Name it!: We want to hear how you want to be involved in PotashCorp Country Music Week, share your ideas with us and let's create a unique promotion or onsite opportunity for your station in Saskatoon. Reach out to Janelle Leduc at firstname.lastname@example.org to start brainstorming!