2012 CCMA By-Law Amendments
August 21, 2012
The Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) eligible Members* will be asked to ratify numerous by-law amendments (approved by the Board of Directors on May 2, 2012) at the upcoming CCMA Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on September 8, 2012 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Any by-law change requires a three step process:
1. Approval by the Board of Directors,
2. Board of Directors approval ratified by an affirmative vote by at least two-thirds of the voting Members in attendance at a meeting called for such purposes (i.e. AGM), and
3. Approval of the Ministry of Consumer and Corporate Affairs (Ministry).
At the 2011 AGM, numerous changes to the CCMA by-laws were ratified by the Members. Upon submission to the Ministry, the Ministry, who has most recently changed their standards, requested six (6) minor amendments to the CCMA by-laws submitted.
These Ministry requested changes to the bylaws were approved by the CCMA Board of Directors on May 2, 2012, and now required the Members to ratify at the 2012 AGM.
The By-law Amendments for Review:
To view the 2012 By-law Amendments Document (Board of Directors Approved), please visit:
The following are the six (6) amendments to be ratified:
1. Section 2.01d: NEW Section to ensure all Directors need to a minimum eighteen (18) years of age, individuals, and have the capacity under law to contract.
2. Section 3.03c: NEW section to allow meetings of the Board to be conducted via electronic means if a quorum of Directors consent in advance to method of communication and each has equal access. If meeting is by electronic means, all Directors participating in the meeting must be permitted to communicate adequately with each other. The Chair will confirm quorum and the Secretary/Treasurer will record all votes.
3. Section 3.04: Added that each Director has one vote
4. Section 6.01: Added how a member can resign by a resignation in writing which shall be effective upon delivery of the resignation or a copy thereof to the Board. The member will not be reimbursed for fees paid.
5. Section 7.02: Added that special meetings may also be conducted via electronic means if a quorum of no less than 10% of current voting members consent in advance to method of communication and each has equal access. If meeting is by electronic means, all current voting members participating in the meeting must be permitted to communicate adequately with each other. The Chair will confirm quorum and the Secretary/Treasurer will record all votes.
6. Section 7.08: Added that a form of proxy or a reminder of this proxy right must be attached to any notice of special meetings.
Please take the time to read this document prior to the AGM as discussing on each change during the AGM will not occur; rather voted upon in their entirety within one motion. Should you have questions on any of the by-law changes, please send an email/call me PRIOR TO AUGUST 30, 2012 at 416-947-1331 X215 or email@example.com.
*Only CCMA members at the Industry, Corporate or Lifetime level are eligible to attend and participate in voting at the Annual General Meeting