2017 CCMA Songwriters' Series Application
Feb 6, 2017 - Feb 24, 2017
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE 2017 CCMA SONGWRITERS’ SERIES
Deadline for submissions is Friday, February 24, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. ET.
It’s impossible to ignore what some consider to be the greatest aspect of country music, and what makes it resonate as a genre – the songwriting. The CCMA is thrilled to once again be featuring the beloved CCMA Songwriters’ Series, as part of PotashCorp Country Music Week 2017 in Saskatchewan.
Should you have the gift of storytelling, and want to share your songs and stories with other music industry professionals, media and fans, we invite you to apply for one of the coveted spots available as part of this showcase series.
Twelve (12) submission-based spots are available as part of the three sessions of the CCMA Songwriters’ Series listed below (times TBC):
- Thursday, September 7
- Friday, September 8
- Saturday, September 9
* Each of the three above sessions will pair established songwriters with songwriters who have earned their spot through submission.
HOW TO SUBMIT
This submission process is for the twelve (12) up-and-coming songwriter spots for the Thursday, Friday and Saturday sessions of the 2017 CCMA Songwriters’ Series. These spots are juried and selected by music industry professionals. (Songwriters who have been selected to perform as part of the CCMA Songwriters’ Series for two consecutive years are asked not to apply this year, but are welcome to apply next year).
Please note, submission does not guarantee acceptance. All applicants will be notified around the end of May on the status of their submission. Submission deadline is Friday, February 24, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
Should you be selected to play at a session of the CCMA Songwriters' Series, you may be eligible to receive Radio Starmaker Funding, (some restrictions may apply).
If you are an established songwriter interested in participating in the CCMA Songwriters' Series, contact Karina Davison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-947-1331 ext 218. Spots reserved for established songwriters as part of the CCMA Songwriters’ Series are selected by the CCMA Talent Advisory Committee.
Unless acknowledged by special invitation, CCMA Songwriters' Series applicants must be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant.
ACT SELECTION – JURY PROCESS
There will be twelve (12) acts selected to participate in the 2017 CCMA Songwriters’ Series.
There is a three (3) step process in the selection of the twelve (12) acts to participate in the 2017 CCMA Songwriters’ Series. The following is a brief description of this process:
- CCMA Songwriters’ Series Submission Requirements: An open call will solicit Canadian country acts to electronically submit the following: short biography (no more than 50 words), one (1) professional publicity photograph (high resolution, JPEG format), two (2) original songs (no covers, MP3 file format required) and the lyrics for each song submitted (2). The deadline for these submissions is 2:00 p.m. ET on Friday, February 24, 2017.
- Submission Verification: A team of music industry professionals will review and validate each submission.
- Jury Review: A selected jury of at least twenty-four (24) music industry professionals from across Canada will review the validated submissions. Each validated submission will be reviewed by at least four (4) members of said jury. All submissions for the 2017 CCMA Songwriters’ Series are juried by experts of the craft residing in a different geographical area than the applicant. All songs submitted will be judged based on the craft of the song, not the production of the recording. Originality and creativity of the submission will be taken into consideration. This process will narrow down the applicants to the final twelve (12) who will receive an invitation to showcase as part of the CCMA Songwriters’ Series in Saskatchewan for PotashCorp Country Music Week 2017.
2017 CCMA SONGWRITERS’ SERIES SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
A complete submission must include the following:
- One (1) professional publicity photograph (high resolution, JPEG file format required)
- Short biography (no more than 50 words)
- Two (2) original songs (no covers, MP3 file format required)
- Lyrics to the two (2) submitted songs, as well as writer acknowledgements (please indicate co-writers, if applicable)
- Payment on processing fee of the application
Songs submitted must be written or co-written by the artist/songwriter applying to be part of the series.
CCMA Members: The fee to apply for the 2017 CCMA Songwriters’ Series is $30 (plus taxes, non-refundable).
Non-CCMA Members: If you are not yet a CCMA member, the fee for the 2017 CCMA Songwriters’ Series is $50 (plus taxes, non-refundable). Applicants are not required to be a CCMA member to apply for the CCMA Songwriters’ Series; however, if acts are selected to showcase, they must become a member of the CCMA in order to proceed with the opportunity.
Should you have any further questions about the CCMA Songwriters’ Series, please contact Karina Davison at email@example.com, or by phone at 416-947-1331 ext 218.
To proceed with your submission:
CCMA MEMBERS – Login HereNON-MEMBERS* – Register Here
*Non-Members please note: You are registering your submission for the CCMA Songwriters' Series. This does not equate to a CCMA Membership. CLICK HERE for more information on CCMA Memberships.